PRF (Plaquetas rico em fibrina)
What is PRF?
Platelet-Rich Fibrin (PRF) is a groundbreaking new technique in regenerative medicine that many patients are benefiting from. PRF is a meshwork of cytokines, growth factors, and cells that are harvested from a small amount of the patient’s own blood. This blood is spun at a specific rate and time to form a fibrin clot full of regenerative potential.
What is PRF used for?
PRF has many applications including the following:
Preventio of dry socket after tooth removal – PRF placed into an extraction site
- Regeneration of bone after tooth removal – PRF placed into an extraction site
- Soft tissue grafting – PRF placed over area of soft tissue deficiency to assist in soft tissue healing
- Regeneration of bone after removal of cysts and other maxillofacial pathology – PRF placed into bony defect
- Closure of oroantral communication/fistula – PRF placed over defect
- Sinus lifts – PRF placed over lifted sinus membrane to assist in bony fill and maintenance of sinus health
- Cosmetics/Skincare – Injectable PRF used for hair and skin rejuvenation and treatment of deep scarring and skin hyperpigmentation
Why use PRF?
Surgeons and patients alike are benefiting from the use of PRF in surgical applications. From increasing post-operative comfort to assisting in regeneration of natural tissues PRF offers vast advantages
- Significant decrease in patient discomfort. The use of PRF has been shown to reduce the risk of complications and restrictions a patient may experience. The result is a notable decrease in patient discomfort, post-surgical pain, and post-op bleeding.
- It’s 100% natural and safe and easy to produce. PRF is derived from a patient’s own blood and processed and optimized for their clinical benefit. The use of PRF does not require anticoagulants, bovine thrombin, or any other foreign materials or chemicals. This means that patients have nearly no risk of a foreign body reaction.
- PRF has been shown to result in significantly faster healing. This process generates a fibrin network that leads to more efficient cell migration and faster cell regeneration.
Platelet rich fibrin in the management of established dry socket
Effectiveness of platelet-rich fibrin in the management of pain and delayed wound healing associated with established alveolar osteitis (dry socket)
Guided bone regeneration in staged vertical and horizontal bone augmentation using platelet-rich fibrin associated with bone grafts: a retrospective clinical study
- Carlos Alberto Amaral Valladão Jr,
Muitos estudos recentes têm mostrado o interesse e o potencial de células brancas em cascata inflamatória, como corolário, uma ação proeminente nos primeiros dias de estimulação de células progenitoras-osseo. (Omar & Thomsen, Biomateriais, 2012, Kawazoe T, Celular. Transplante 2012)
Isso é feito com o A-PRF ou Avançado-PRF.
Este coágulo de fibrina chamado Platelet Rich Fibrin or PRF vai liberar gradualmente e fatores de crescimento ou citocinas no site (VEGF, PDGF, TGF Beta, Thrombospondin)
O objetivo esperado desses fatores de crescimento é acelerar o tecido mole e consolidação óssea.
Inúmeras publicações internacionais (143) estão disponíveis e demonstrar a eficácia da PRF em muitas indicações: cirurgia oral (implantes, enxerto ósseo, cirurgia periodontal, extracções, etc…), Ortopédica, cirurgia cosmética e dermatológica.
Hoje, a PRF é reconhecida em todo o mundo, de Nice para Nova York de Los Angeles para Xangai, de Rangun para Moscovo, de São Paulo para Cape Town, Santiago de Zagreb…
Sua eficácia é definitivamente comprovada.
Elevação do seio
Cicatrização de feridas destacou
Aumento do tecido macio
Extrações de dente