PRF (Platelet Rich Fibrin)
What is PRF?
Platelet-Rich Fibrin (PRF) is a groundbreaking new technique in regenerative medicine that many patients are benefiting from. PRF is a meshwork of cytokines, growth factors, and cells that are harvested from a small amount of the patient’s own blood. This blood is spun at a specific rate and time to form a fibrin clot full of regenerative potential.
What is PRF used for?
PRF has many applications including the following:
Prevention of dry sockets after wisdom tooth removal – PRF placed into an extraction site
- Regeneration of bone after tooth removal – PRF placed into an extraction site
- Soft tissue grafting – PRF placed over area of soft tissue deficiency to assist in soft tissue healing
- Regeneration of bone after removal of cysts and other maxillofacial pathology – PRF placed into bony defect
- Closure of oroantral communication/fistula – PRF placed over defect
- Sinus lifts – PRF placed over lifted sinus membrane to assist in bony fill and maintenance of sinus health
- Cosmetics/Skincare – Injectable PRF used for hair and skin rejuvenation and treatment of deep scarring and skin hyperpigmentation
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM
A PRF TREATMENT
Here’s what to expect when you visit a CARE Esthetics clinic for PRF Treatment:
- Blood Extraction
First, we will draw a small amount of your blood through a virtually painless procedure.
- Blood Centrifugation
Your blood will be processed in a centrifuge and spun slowly to produce PRF, ensuring that the blood will not separate as much as PRP.
- PRF Collection & Injection
The PRF will be collected from the vial through a syringe and injected into the treatment areas.
- Blood Extraction
Why use PRF?
Surgeons and patients alike are benefiting from the use of PRF in surgical applications. From increasing post-operative comfort to assisting in regeneration of natural tissues PRF offers vast advantages
- Significant decrease in patient discomfort. The use of PRF has been shown to reduce the risk of complications and restrictions a patient may experience. The result is a notable decrease in patient discomfort, post-surgical pain, and post-op bleeding.
- It’s 100% natural and safe and easy to produce. PRF is derived from a patient’s own blood and processed and optimized for their clinical benefit. The use of PRF does not require anticoagulants, bovine thrombin, or any other foreign materials or chemicals. This means that patients have nearly no risk of a foreign body reaction.
- PRF has been shown to result in significantly faster healing. This process generates a fibrin network that leads to more efficient cell migration and faster cell regeneration.
Platelet rich fibrin in the management of established dry socket
Effectiveness of platelet-rich fibrin in the management of pain and delayed wound healing associated with established alveolar osteitis (dry socket)
Guided bone regeneration in staged vertical and horizontal bone augmentation using platelet-rich fibrin associated with bone grafts: a retrospective clinical study
- Carlos Alberto Amaral Valladão Jr,
Many recent studies have shown the interest and potential of white cells in the inflammatory cascade, as a corollary, a prominent action in the early days of stimulation of osseo-progenitor cells. (Omar & Thomsen, Biomaterials, 2012, Kawazoe T, Cell. Transplant 2012)
This is done with the A-PRF or Advanced-PRF.
This fibrin clot called Platelet Rich Fibrin or PRF will release gradually and growth factors or cytokines in the site (VEGF, PDGF, TGF Beta, Thrombospondin)
The expected objective of these growth factors is to accelerate the soft tissue and bone healing.
Numerous international publications (143) are available and demonstrate the effectiveness of PRF in many indications: oral surgery (implants, bone grafting, periodontal surgery, extractions, etc…), Orthopedic, cosmetic and dermatological surgery.
Today, the PRF is recognized around the world, from Nice to New York from Los Angeles to Shanghai, from Rangoon to Moscow, from Sao Paulo to Cape Town, Santiago to Zagreb…
Its effectiveness is definitely proven.
Excelled Wound Healing
Soft Tissue Augmentation